Saturday, July 4, 2009

Birds!




First, some housekeeping stuff. Since Some Guy imported a bunch of his old reviews, the dates show them posted a little bit before this blog actually started. So there that is.

Alright! Birds!

I was skeptical, at first. Living in the mid-Atlantic region, the birds I was most familiar with were Canadian Geese, Crows, and Pigeons. If you have heard or seen any of these birds, you can understand my apprehension when I received not one, but TWO birds for Christmas a few years ago.

Now, I am a shitty pet owner. I am sometimes neglectful, and I play music too loud, and I do not like poo on my personal effects. I also enjoy sleeping all the way through the night, without being woken up. All of this changes when you get a bird.

Here is a video to help you comprehend what happens constantly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFnpUrDXVLo&feature=related

Despite their loud, incessant squawking, I was really sad when one of my birds died.

So, about a year and a half into my bird-owning experiment, I was left with:
  • Headaches
  • Lack of Sleep
  • Guilt
  • A mess
Now, despite the all the bad things, I've had several people tell me they thought my bird was "cute" or "okay". These are the kinds of compliments that can take your relationship with your significant other to the next level, if you happen to be allergic to dogs and cats.

So, taking into account the annoyance of birds as pets, the grossness of city-birds, and the portrayal of Vultures as Disney Villains, I will give birds a...

5.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Knottsberry Farm's Wild West Stunt Show! Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template